Morning friends! Does anyone know where the phrase “hump day” came from? Random thought of the morning…but it’s accurate for me because I am still struggling to get over the hump in this “body reset” journey! Lack of motivation has been my biggest struggle these past few days. My friends keep telling me they have noticed I look better, but I just don’t feel like I’m seeing it. I guess we are all our biggest critic, right?
Even though I’ve been working out 4-5 days a week, I know 80% of this challenge is related to what I’m eating every day. That’s why today I’m sharing my “clean eating diet” including everything I’ve been eating over the last few weeks!!! Last week, I was whining to my trainer that I didn’t feel like this was working… Then he asked me how many days I’d been drinking :/ Oops. I know I need to cut back on the wine big time, but it’s hard when you’re single, social, and trying to freaking date!! That’s why this past week I decided NO WINE. But, in order to do that I basically hibernated at my house all weekend haha.
Honestly, it was a good thing. I really needed a weekend of doing nothing. Just relax and take some “me” time. Also, my body was telling me I needed some rest. I had overdone it last week during my workouts and actually ended up pulling some muscles in my back. *Always listen to your body!!* I did great all weekend and didn’t have a sip of wine. Then, Monday came around… We usually do girls night on Mondays and this week we were celebrating one of my best friends birthdays. Not going to lie…I had 1 glass of wine. My bad!
However, I started thinking about this journey and how my eating habits are really going to have to continue on after these 6 weeks. I seriously LOVE food, but I love feeling/looking good better. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to indulge a little here and there… It’s more of an 80/20 plan. So eat clean 80% of the time (basically at home) and then if I go out or on vacation enjoy myself!
When I get into the swing of eating healthy it’s not that hard… But, my problem is portion control. Like, I don’t need 3 glasses of wine on a Tuesday for a casual dinner with my friends. I’m over 30 years old now so my mindset is I’d rather spend more money on a really nice glass of wine at dinner than 3 crappy glasses of wine. And, I feel better the next day!
Alright, so what have I been eating these past 4 weeks?! I’ve been keeping track of EVERYTHING… It’s been a lot of cooking and grocery store visits but I have felt better. I’ve only had 2-3 days where I was bloated unlike before I started this “body reset” journey where I was having severe bloating every single day.
MY CLEAN EATING DIET
- Monday – 1 egg + 2 egg whites + grapefruit // turkey meatloaf (substitute almond flour for breadcrumbs) + veggie mix (zucchini + carrot + mushrooms + canned diced tomatoes = sauté in dutch oven)
- Tuesday – banana + eggs // pork chop + green beans
- Wednesday – 1 egg + 2 egg whites + grapefruit // turkey meatloaf leftovers // dinner out (ahi tuna + beef tartar + meat/nuts/pickles)
- Thursday – sausage and spinach egg scramble // Greek salad with chicken // salmon and veggies
- Friday – egg scramble // shrimp salad with lemon vinaigrette
- Saturday – RX bar // sweet potato avocado egg // zucchini spaghetti w/meat sauce (buy the tomato sauce from Whole Foods *no sugar added)
- Sunday – Açaí bowl (açaí packets from Trader Joe’s + banana + Paleonola + chia seeds) // HG supply (sweet potato, egg, bacon, sausage) // steak w/Whole 30 mashed potatoes and salad
- Monday – eggs sausage grapefruit // tuna salad on greens w/tomatoes and Zoe’s dressing // zucchini spaghetti w/meat sauce
- Tuesday – açaí bowl // artichoke tomato chicken w/sweet potatoes and green beans (no cheese and substitute almond flour)
- Wednesday – eggs and grapefruit // chicken salad (lunch out) // salmon w/salad and zucchini noodles
- Thursday – açaí bowl // artichoke tomato chicken leftovers // scallops + veggies (dinner out)
- Friday – sausage egg casserole w/salsa and fruit // burger w/bacon and fries (oops) // salad with summer sausage
- Saturday – sausage egg casserole w/banana // steak with twice baked potatoes (Whole 30) and asparagus
- Sunday – sausage egg casserole // brunch out (shrimp + deviled eggs + salad) // steak left over w/potatoes
- Monday – banana and egg white bites (Starbucks) // lettuce w/Zoe’s dressing and summer sausage // 1/2 apple w almond butter // lemon chicken (Trader Joe’s prepackaged) w/broccoli and 1/2 sweet potato
- Tuesday – eggs w/bacon and hash brown // butter lettuce and grilled tilapia w 1/2 avocado and Zoe’s dressing
- Wednesday – eggs + fruit // shaved Brussels salad w/chicken (lunch out) // lemon chicken leftovers
- Thursday – tilapia w/butter lettuce and Zoe’s dressing // sundried tomato chicken w/zucchini and potatoes
- Friday – banana +eggs w/spinach and hash browns + açaí bowl // cauliflower pizza (Trader Joe’s crust + sausage + tomato sauce + nut cheese + green peppers)
- Saturday – açaí bowl // brunch out (eggs + bacon + avocado toast) // tomato chicken leftovers w/zucchini and sweet potato
- Sunday – banana + spinach sausage egg scramble // cauliflower pizza // dinner out (pork chop)
- Monday – sausage spinach parmesan egg scramble +açaí bowl // scallops w/asparagus (dinner out)
- Tuesday – RX bar // baked chicken on a bed of arugula w/strawberries and balsamic // flank steak w/brussels sprouts and tomatoes in balsamic
- Wednesday – exact same as Tuesday…
- Thursday – Sunday – TBD…
Yes, I’ll admit I’ve had my wine and a tiny bit of chocolate! I absolutely must have something chocolate after dinner… Even if it’s 1 chocolate covered almond. Also, I’ve had some carbs, sugar, cheese here and there but nothing major. Basically, the entire diet is very similar to following Whole30!
Okay, so this weekend is going to be tough… I started this “body reset” journey knowing I had my friends wedding this weekend. I told my trainer and he said I should be fine if I take a day or two off…eek! Honestly, now that I’m really into the full swing of things I don’t know if I’m going to want to indulge like I normally would do. I’ll keep you posted on Instagram stories!
Today I got on the scale after almost 4 weeks on this adventure and guess what?! I’ve lost 4 pounds!!!!!!! I guess that’s enough motivation in itself!!! Like I said at the beginning of this journey, it’s not about losing weight for me but feeling better overall. Although losing a few pounds isn’t bad 🙂
photos: Beckley Co.