Okay y’all… This post has been a long time coming. Many of us are on the “get healthy and get skinny” bandwagon right now since it’s the beginning of the year. Right? I was two weeks into my journey and cheated because I just couldn’t live without wine at least one night a week. But it’s the wine that’s gotten me into this mess (sigh).
I’ve been pretty lucky growing up and never had to watch my weight until a few years ago. My metabolism went to shit, and I actually had to really start working out. Even though I know I’m a pretty thin woman, I’ve always struggled with belly fat. I’ve come to the conclusion I’ll never have rock hard abs or a flat stomach long term. It runs in the family… Both sides of the family pretty much only gain weight in our belly.
Honestly, I have gotten into a great workout routine and stick to a fairly healthy lifestyle when I’m trying. However, the belly fat is still an issue. I wake up every morning and look in the mirror thinking, “ugh why…”! I’ll admit I’m super self-conscious about it. Especially when I’m traveling with my skinny blogger friends who all have long torsos and I’m complete opposite with a short torso and all legs.
That’s why last summer I decided to try CoolSculpting. I’m sure many of you have been watching my CoolSculpting journey over the last several months with Dr. Steven Camp, and wondering if it worked? Let me just say YESSSSSS it absolutely worked, but the results take a while! Like if you decide you want to try CoolSculpting so you can look fabulous this summer you need to start ASAP!!
Okay, so what is CoolSculpting? It’s the only FDA approved non-invasive procedure that helps eliminate stubborn fat, which just won’t go away with diet or exercise. Ummmm…exactly my situation! CoolSculpting is really exactly what it sounds like, a cooling treatment that literally freezes the fat away. And guess how it was discovered? Doctors who were treating children with cancer would give the kids popsicles each day as a treat. Then they started noticing their cheeks looking smaller… The cold popsicle was freezing the fat in their cheeks. Is that not crazy?!
Before you jump to schedule an appointment there are a few things you need to know:
- Is CoolSculpting for everyone? No… Unfortunately, eligible candidates are people who are about 10-15 pounds from their goal weight within their stubborn fat area.
- Does it take just one treatment? For some people yes! Most people no… I treated two main areas on my stomach. My lower belly and love handles. My lower belly area had to be treated 3 times, but that wasn’t surprising since it’s the area with the most fat. My love handles were where I noticed the biggest results. My right side was treated 2 times, and I could see results super quick. My left side was being stubborn so it took 3 times.
- What areas can you treat? The main body areas are under the chin, arms, bra roll, tummy, love handles, above the knee, inner and outer thigh.
- How much is it? This really depends on how many areas you treat and how many times you decide to treat the area. There are so many “deals” you can get out there, but I absolutely only recommend going to a doctor or plastic surgeon like Dr. Steven Camp. Plus, they offer some great discounts like the more areas you get treated the bigger the discount.
- What does it feel like/does it hurt? So my very first treatment was definitely uncomfortable because I had no idea how my body would react. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and overall I didn’t think it was too bad. My second and third treatments were a breeze. The area that hurt the worst was my love handles because you have to sit up straight the entire time. ** You definitely want to wear loose fitting clothing for a few days!!
- Okay what does it feel like? Well, it literally feels like you’re sitting outside in the middle of winter and someone took a vacuum hose and stuck it on your stomach. It is called Cool Sculpting so most people get cold! The suction squeezing is what hurts more than the cold in my opinion. Once that area goes numb though you don’t feel much haha.
- How long does the procedure take? Good news is the procedure is only about 30 minutes per area! I was able to do my love handles at the same time which was sooooo nice.
- How long does it take to see results? Like I said, this is the perfect time to start CoolSculpting. After each area is treated it takes about 90 days to see the full results. After about 45 days you can decide if you want to treat the area again.
I mentioned above I worked with Dr. Steven Camp for my CoolSculpting treatment. I’ve learned when it comes to doing things to your body or face; do NOT go to someone just because they have the best deal. Do you really want to end up on the show Botched?
I chose Dr. Steven Camp’s office for a few reasons. The biggest reason was that he is a local DFW plastic surgeon and their staff is extremely dedicated to CoolSculpting education. There are very specific steps in the CoolSculpting treatment process and I promise you don’t want someone messing up. Also, they are the nicest doctors you’ll meet. Sarah, his wife, is the cutest and sweetest thing EVER. During my consultation, I felt so comfortable standing there in my underwear getting my photos taken ha. They were genuinely invested in what would be best for my body, and I never felt like they were trying to sell me so they could make money.
Also, if I’m going to be spending that much time in an office I don’t want to feel like I’m at the doctor. Their office is by far the cutest office I’ve ever been to and made me feel like I was at my house. They had blankets and pillows to make me comfortable, and even brought me treats to keep my mind occupied! I was so happy to drive to Fort Worth for my CoolSculpting treatments if it meant going to Dr. Steven Camp’s office. Also, you can easily make a day trip out of the drive, and go do some shopping at the new Ft. Worth shopping center just a mile down the road!
Overall, CoolSculpting was the best beauty investment ever. I don’t feel nearly as insecure about my stomach anymore when I look in the mirror. The best part is I don’t have love handles anymore!! Wait… The best best best part is that the treatment is permanent! Once the fat cells die they are gone for good. This is not to say if you go eat anything and everything you want you won’t blow up like a balloon 😉
Get $100 off when you mention One Small Blonde!!
*Thanks Dr. Steven Camp for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.