Good morning! Okay so I asked, and you all answered… I’m sharing all my belly fat diet tips that you all were so kind to share with me on Instagram stories a few weeks ago. I know I’m pretty lucky to have good genes, and it usually isn’t too hard to tone up when I’m working out on a regular basis. However…I’ve alway struggled with having a flat belly! It’s my #1 problem area, and of course it’s the hardest area to lose weight. Also, as I’ve gotten older my metabolism is slowing down which has made it wayyyyy more difficult to get in shape.
In general, I don’t eat that bad unless we are counting the glass of wine I usually have several nights a week :/ I admit I did NOT give up alcohol during my 1 week belly fat diet test… BUT… I know I need to cut back on the alcohol, and really need to eat healthier on a consistent basis. Typically, I eat healthy during the week and then the weekends can get a bit out of control. What can I say…I am a huge foodie and live in a social city so I’m always going out for dinner or drinks. That’s why it’s back to using some of these belly fat diet tips all the time!
Tip 1: Add aloe vera juice to whatever you’re drinking throughout the day.
- I was adding it to my favorite La Croix water, but then I learned that was a “no no” bc the carbonation makes you bloat. So try adding it to your regular water intake with some fresh squeezed lemon.
- Doesn’t taste terrible. Mainly just a overall clean taste.
- Another side tip… Remember to drink TONS of water because the more water you drink the more water weight you will shed.
- DID IT WORK? Not really… I can’t say it helped with losing weight quickly, but there are a lot of benefits to drinking it regularly!
Tip 2: Drink apple cider vinegar/lemon water each morning.
- I tried both, but I ended up just doing the apple cider vinegar with warm water because a friend who is a dietitian told me doing both ACV and lemon is too acidic.
- 1 tablespoon ACV + 8 oz water
- Tastes terrible, but helps overall weight loss >> more benefits: http://www.doctoroz.com/gallery/5-weight-loss-benefits-apple-cider-vinegar
- DID IT WORK? Kinda… I didn’t do it every morning during my 7 day cleanse bc you’ve gotta get used to the taste. But, I know a lot of people who really think it works!
Tip 3: Replenish your body with protein shakes after a hard workout.
- If you are working out at all then you should be drinking a protein shake after your workout or adding protein powder to a smoothie during the day.
- Personal Favorite Protein Shakes:
- AdvantEDGE Low Cab Control Protein Shakes – taste great and only 2 carbs!
- ThinkThin Protein Shakes – great for meal replacement on days you don’t work out! Also, they have the best protein bars with no sugar that I eat in the morning if I don’t have time to make eggs
- DID IT WORK? Yes! Helped me eat less and feel full longer.
Tip 4: Use cleansing and supplement products.
- FitMiss Tone Metabolism Booster: I have used these for years now, and really love them! You take one up to three times per day with meals to help your metabolism.
- FitMiss Cleanse: Someone told me to use a colon cleanse supplement, but they can be pretty intense. I use the FitMiss Cleanse supplements which are a mild cleansing product you can use every night. *Fair warning if you’ve never taken cleanse pills*
- Amino Acids: I used to take amino acids in pill form, but recently started working out with a new trainer and learned the ones you buy over the counter only have about 1/2 of what you really need to replenish your muscles after a hard workout. The ones I take now are a powder you mix with water and drink AFTER YOUR WORKOUT!
- Other vitamins: Daily multivitamin + Magnesium
- DID IT WORK? Yes! These are probably the things that I noticed working the best!
Tip 5: Drink dandelion tea at night.
- Warning: some people say it tastes very bitter… I actually ended up liking it a lot! I’m not sure I really saw any benefits from drinking it each night since I was taking the cleanse pills too.
- Bikini Babe Tea: This is a new tea cleanse I’m about to start this week! It’s a morning and night tea that is really supposed to help clean you out… AND… It has dandelion in it!
- DID IT WORK? Not sure… I don’t think the dandelion tea made a huge difference, but the bikini babe tea might be better because it has more ingredients and benefits.
RESULTS: Okay so did this really help me look better for my Palm Springs trip?! Well…I lost 1 pound! That sounds so lame, but for me that is actually really good. My weight fluctuates between 118-122 pounds, and I got down to 117 so that’s a win! However, I really should have measured my belly to see if I lost inches instead of pounds.
A few other things to note… I cut out 90% of all carbs and sugar while I was on this 7 day belly fat diet. Yes, the warnings about getting headaches and being tired when you cut out those things is 100% TRUE.
I’ve tried several “diets” before I did this little challenge, but I can’t say I really think extreme dieting is a good idea. Overall, I think eating healthy on a consistent basis is the biggest factor in looking your best. It’s really just a matter of making small changes that will impact your lifestyle.
So, there you have it people… The “5 Belly Fat Diet Tips” I tried during my 1 week belly fat cleanse!
Bottom line… YES, THIS WAS EXTREMELY HARD. YES, I’M GOING TO DO IT AGAIN. NO, I’M NOT GIVING UP MY GLASS OF WINE… 😉
If anyone wants to join me on a longer journey to an overall flat belly, and better lifestyle this summer I’d love to hear from you!!