If there is one thing that motivates me to stay healthy during the holidays and keep up the workout routine it’s the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, haha! Have you ever wondered why in the world they do the fashion show during the most unhealthy time of year? I mean yes it’s super festive and fun to watch, but really? I guess it really does motivate me though bc I usually put down the holiday treats for a week after I watch it… Not that I’m ever going to look like them because I love food way too much, but a little goes a long way!
Also, new workout gear always motivates me to get my butt in gear! I wore this green open back workout top three days in a row last week… Thank goodness the athleisure trend is still in style.
SHOP THE OUTFIT
We are officially in the holiday season so it’s okay to have a few extra cocktails, holiday cookies, and enjoy the festivities. However, it’s so hard to for me to want to only indulge a little bit! Also, going to workout is usually the last thing on my mind during these few months, but a few extra minutes of working out in exchange for the extra cocktail seems fair. If you can push yourself to start creating healthy habits now instead of January you’ll feel much better about yourself! It’s a challenge, but let’s do it together!
5 Winter Workout Tips for the Holidays
- Upgrade your gym membership now. If you buy a package of classes or 6-month gym membership now you’re probably more likely to use it. It’s proven that New Year’s resolutions only last a couple months… If you’ve paid for it, you probably don’t want to waste the money.
- Buy a new fitness tracker now. I’m so guilty of wearing my fitness tracker at the beginning of the year, and then by summer, I forget where I put it. Black Friday is coming up so make the investment now, and buy it yourself instead of asking for it as a gift. Again, if you buy it with your own money you’ll probably use it more.
- Schedule your workouts on your calendar + set an alarm on your phone in advance each week. I’ve started doing this over the last month, and it’s truly helped me get more workouts in each week. If I see it on my calendar instead of just saying, “oh I’ll go each evening” I’m way more likely to do it!
- Count your calories… Yes, even the cocktails and cookies! I’m so bad about giving myself a cheat day, but it’s usually the entire weekend. I haven’t logged everything I’m eating each day, but I have started looking at the back of each package or look up the calories before I eat it. I’d rather save the extra calories for the holiday party on the weekend, instead of a casual Tuesday night having a glass of wine.
- Give yourself a break! Like I said… It’s the holiday season so it’s okay to enjoy and indulge! Have fun, and push yourself an extra 5 mins during your next workout. Last week, I was only able to get 1 workout in but I did what I could and it was better than nothing!
photos: Beckley & Co.
These are such great tips! I’m a bigger believer in exercising regularly especially during the winter month and I always count calories. It has become second nature over the years that I just count calories and stop eating when I reach my limit. I always know about how many calories are in everything I eat.
Great tips! I love exercising and jogging in nature so when the winter hits, it’s hard to go outside and get motivated in freezing temperatures. I personally don’t believe in counting calories and I think it can be harmful, but I think creating small, healthy meals and snacks is the best way. I personally don’t get fitbands, haha! What’s their purpose?
You look amazing in that shade of green!!
Great tips!! Love your looks!! Miss seeing you. XO Debby
Love the tip to give yourself a break! I’ve actually been pretty motivated to get to the gym lately, so I’m hoping it sticks around during the holidays!
Ellen | A Pop of Pink