Y’all know I’m super single right now… Like can a girl catch a break and meet a guy already?! I took a hiatus from dating in the fall, but knew I had to put myself back out there at the beginning of the year. I’ve gone on a few dates in the last several months, but clearly none of them have panned out. However, going on these dates has made me think about fun new ways to get to know someone. I’ll admit, on a first date I always suggest drinks and dinner somewhere nearby my house. They have to come to me first. Sorry guys!
However, if there is a second or third date on the horizon I try to get out of my comfort zone. Doing a fun activity kinda opens up the conversation and allows you to see the other persons personality a bit better. Like if you were to go on a bike ride or play TopGolf… Is that person competitive? You’ll probably find out!
SHOP THE OUTFIT
I personally LOVE anything related to cooking/eating so one of my favorite date night ideas is going on a picnic. Although… No guy has ever taken me on one! I live super close to the Dallas Arboretum and they do these summer concert nights that overlook White Rock Lake. You pack up some wine and cheese grab your lawn chairs and enjoy the live music!
SUMMER DATE NIGHT IDEAS IN DALLAS
- Make a picnic to take to a local outdoor concert or venue
- Ride bikes to a brewery or restaurant
- Go to a wine walk
- Grill out together or take a cooking class
- Play tennis or go to TopGolf
- Go to the drive in movies
- Create your own bar hop tour! Each of you write down 3 spots then randomly choose the next spot – love Trinity Groves area or Bishop Arts for this idea!
- Go to a food truck park
- Visit your local farmers market for a breakfast date
If any of you single ladies have other fun summer date night ideas let me know! Or I guess you don’t have to be single 🙂 Or if you have a guy for me to go on one of these dates with let me know too! Ha!
photos: Beckley Co.