Anytime I make dinner for my boyfriend he covers the dish with Sriracha (he could drink it out of the bottle if I let him) so when I came across this spicy egg salad recipe in the August issue of Cooking Light I just had to make it. We don’t always see eye-to-eye when it comes to spicy dishes though. I like a little kick with certain dishes, but I don’t want my mouth to be on fire for the rest of the day. This egg salad recipe is the perfect balance for both spicy and non-spicy lovers. It’s a simple summer lunch recipe, full of flavor that you can easily prepare at the beginning of the week and enjoy for a few days. It would also be a great dish for brunch with your girlfriends!
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (or to your liking)
- 1/2 medium purple onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach (you can also omit and just use lettuce on the sandwich)
- salt and pepper
Combine mayo, greek yogurt, Sriracha, purple onion and spinach in a medium bowl. Add hard boiled eggs and gently mix together.